Are we gadget crazy? Especially when we fly. People get on flights these days loaded up to the gunnels with all sorts of technical equipment, strange head rests, oversize ear phones. Here’s just of a few of the wackiest I have seen –
THE STAY OUT OF MY SPACE ACCESSORY
This is apparently so you can eat, sleep or do whatever privately. Pretty weird – I would be a bit worried sitting next to someone with this on. They could be a serial killer.
YOUR OWN PRIVATE AIR CONDITIONER
Have to be careful with this one if you are looking to get chat someone up on a flight. Apparently the air conditioning fan is inclined to “inflate” the whole jacket making you look ….well a bit puffy
YEAH I DARE YOU TO GET ON A FLIGHT WITH YOUR OWN PORTABLE SAUNA …. go on !
NO SEAT BACK USB PORT TO CHARGE YOUR IPOD – NO WORRIES MATE!
Just don’t seat me next to the person with this device while you are cranking and sweating.
A FACE-LIFT MASK – EXERCISE YOUR FACE MUSCLES WHILE FLYING AND STEP OFF THE PLANE 10 YEARS YOUNGER
ALL JOKES ASIDE –
Let’s face it – it’s as if when you step on that plane you are entering another world with another set of rules. Rules that need to be obeyed –
- Be nice to the flight attendant – it will be helpful later on
- The middle seat person gets BOTH arm rests
- Don’t scatter your garbage all over the floor
- Think before you recline
- On overnight flights go to sleep and don’t leave your light on all night
- Don’t talk to the person next to you if you don’t know them. A simple nod at seating is sufficient and then pretend they are not there.
- Don’t let your knee stray over into the next person’s legroom space even if you are a daddy long legs. You should have booked an exit row.
- The bulk head leg room area belong to the bulk head people because generally they have paid extra for this space. This area is not for crossing from one aisle to another.
- Have the courtesy to listen to the in flight safety announcement. In the event of an emergency it will be all the know-alls who will be panicking.
- Remember all the things your mom told you when you were little – close your mouth when you are eating, put your hand over your mouth when you cough, say please and thank you.